Instagram

Friday, 21 December 2012

Graduating from Canadian Pre-U, Taylor's College

Yes! I have finally graduated! 

like after just one year..


So I have officially graduated from CPU about a week ago, on December 13th, 2012. I haven't blogged about it so here goes!

Last semester, I, together with the rest of LIVE (a vocal ensemble) juniors watched as our seniors perform for their graduation. Watching them go was heart wrenching. But this time round, I was the one graduating.

Since it has been a tradition for LIVE to perform on graduation, we chose to perform our version of a very sad song, The Scientist by Coldplay.

Tristan took a photo of us from the top.

After several speeches and cert giving, we had this very special ceremony, I think it's called the Candle Lighting Ceremony. Every teacher and graduate will be given a white candle, and our principal, Mr Jim, will light his candle and pass on to the teachers to everyone else. It is a tradition in CPU because apparently it is a tradition for Canadian schools to have this Candle Lighting Ceremony. Last semester we watched our seniors holding the candles, it made us juniors long for our turn! I will admit that I was very excited to get a candle.
We held onto each other with our candles singing 'Graduation' by Vitamin C.
Such a beautiful sight.



After the whole graduation ceremony, everyone was basically busy taking photos with each other. I kinda expected the whole thing to be more sad and to carry a much heavier atmosphere, but it was total opposite, everyone seemed so hyped up and excited! My lovely boyfriend bought me pretty and expensive flowers when I really thought it was quite unnecessary :P the bouquet is almost in every photo! Haha!

Louis bought me this pretty bouquet of flowers and wrote me a really sweet and funny card :3
All in all, this graduation was a different experience, way different from the one I had in Xinmin. It was definitely unique despite having to pay RM28 to rent the ugly gown. Hahaha. Definitely memorable. I'm definitely going to miss CPU and all my friends here.

I shall end my post with some pretty photos! :)

p.s. Some photos are not as nice because I am lazy to photoshop lightings, the nicer ones are from Tisha/Tisha's brother.
So this is my ootd before graduation.


Shazlin, me, Mamta, Tisha, Joel
Mamta, me, Shazlin


MAMTAAAAAA!
So here's me with Ms Rowena (Asst principal) , my mum, and Mr Jim (Principal)




Flora!

Part of the gang: Joel, Talisa, Rachel, Sarah, Ashley, me, and that's Jon down there!

Mamta, me, Wenloong

Brandon Lau and I

Brandon Koh and I!



Just me being my spastic self.
LIVE family. Well, part of it.
My sister looking excited




No comments:

Post a Comment