Instagram

Monday, 23 December 2013

Christmas / New Year's Simple Makeup Look! (Ipsy Glambag Dec2013)


It's the holidays! Christmas is just a couple days away! I received my first ipsy Glam Bag just a few days ago, and it include such good products. You should totally check them out! Click here if you wanna subscribe to it! It's only $10 each month and you get 5 items with much higher value! Only available for US and Canada though

This month, I received these items:


Mirabella Eye Blender Brush
Salon Perfect Perfectly Natural Strip Eyelashes in '53'
Be a Bombshell The One Stick
POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio
J.Cat Beauty Big Lip Pencil


Fanny and I decided to swap our POP Beauty eyeshadow so I ended up with the more neutral tone one:
LOVE IT. 


So after completing conference work and stuff, I decided to play around with my new makeup. Too excited to wait for an event to try it. Played around and created a very simple smokey eye look. SO SIMPLE. If I can do it, so can you!




For the Eyes:
1. I used e.l.f. Essential Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in 'Little Miss Thing' to color all over the eyelids as a base. It has a golden base to compliment the look.

2. Then, I whipped out my new POP Beauty eyeshadow trio, and used the middle color. It is a really pretty and shimmery golden color, perfect for this holiday season. Pack it all over the lids

3. Use the dark taupe color on the right to define crease, using a stiff brush. 
Then I used the Mirabella Eye Blender brush with wind-shield motion. Just do it lightly to blend the edges. 

4. Use a black eyeshadow to define the outer V of the eyes, just to add more definition. 

5. For the browbone, use the lightest color on the palette (left).

6. After that, I used e.l.f. Essential Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in 'French Lace', just dabbing a little on the inner corners and about a third of the bottom lash line. It's a shimmery light pinkish-pearly color. 

7. Then I went back with the taupe color on the POP Beauty eyeshadow trio (right-most shadow), and just went over my outer 2/3 of my bottom lash line.

8. I lined my eyes with e.l.f Essential Liquid Liner. Wing it!

9. Curled my lashes

10. Applied Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara

11. For my eyebrows, I just used e.l.f. studio eyebrow kit as per normal

Sorry for the bad lighting


For the lips:
1. Filled in my lips with J.Cat Beauty Big Lip Pencil in 'Red Rose'

2. Using concealer, line around the edges of the lips to get a clean edge and to prevent the color from bleeding. It also helps give the illusion of fuller looking lips.

3. I topped it off with Forever 21's High Pigment Gloss, in this deep berry color. 




For the Face (other than foundation and concealer):
1. I used Be a Bombshell The One Stick in 'sunset' for blusher. Just dab a few dots on your cheeks and blend it with your fingers!

2. Bronzing/ contouring. I used e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzer Powder, but just the bronzer. Suck in your cheeks, draw two lines in the hollows, and blend! Then just blend some onto your jaw line and around your hairline.


And Voila! The finished look!










And don't forget to make your hair all fancy schmancy for whatever event you're going to!




Red lips are perfect for christmas! If you've never used a red lipstick before, don't be afraid to try it! I remember being scared my first time, but everyone can totally rock a red lip! Try it and you'll know. Trust me! You'll feel a thousand times more glamorous with a red lip on :P




MOST IMPORTANTLY. Don't forget to have fun and take lots of pictures! <3



Currently travelling in the west coast with my family, so I will try to update more! :)

Merry Christmas everyone!


Lol fail wink. Someone need to teach me to do a sexy wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment