Instagram

Friday, 13 December 2013

Royals - Lorde (Cover)


I haven't had much time to blog due to crazy amounts of work. It's 'Conference Week' here in Sarah Lawrence College and everyone is basically rushing their papers since they're all due before winter break start. I've been camping in the library for days now, trying to get my work done. Typing here is so much easier and faster than typing my 15-page paper LOL. 

So this afternoon after lunch, I decided to download the Garage Band app on my phone. I started playing around with it and decided to record something real quick and simple. This song has been stuck in my heaf ever since I first heard it. So Garage Band is a pretty amazing app. So far it's the only method known to me to do overlapping recordings. (I'm quite a tech noob actually). 

Basically I recorded my ukulele first, then went over with the actual melody, then went over a few times with various harmonies. Since the ukulele part was quite simple and all, I kinda rushed it a little? and I was lazy to redo it so some of my timings are a little off. But 'layer' was the first try, didn't wanna spend too much time here haha. 

BUT ANYWAYYYYY. Take a listen! Let me know what you think! 
*Going back to write my paper now*



No comments:

Post a Comment